This course is perfect for those new to brow shading as well as those who want to improve, or trouble shoot, their current techniques. Review the theory and hands-on of machine brow shading to provide current and trending techniques.
This busy 2 days touches on basic machine and needle knowledge as well as choosing the correct needle size/configurations for various skin types and techniques and then covers 3 different techniques for eyebrow machine shading: traditional shading, pointillism and the trending nano/whip technique as well as patterns & techniques for ombre' brows, and much more.
50% deposit. Balance due 14 days prior to class start date.
This Machine Brow Shading course is a continued education program for PMU or Microblading artists who have completed a fundamentals training.
The course is designed to teach students different techniques for machine brow shading, patterns for Ombre’ brow shading and methods to achieve these. It will also cover basic machine knowledge & needle configurations plus touching on skin anatomy and pigment choices for shading. This course will cater for microbladers choosing to upgrade to machine shading or existing PMU artists transitioning to a tattoo rotary machine.
PRACTICE ON LIVE MODELS - Participants will work on practice skins to practice all techniques plus ALL students will work on live models.
* Own models are required for local students
Pre-requisites required: • Fundamentals Training in either PMU for Eyebrows or Microblading. • Students should have prior knowledge of; brow mapping, control pain management, sterilization & sanitation, basic colour theory, client consultation & contra-indications for brow PMU/microblading procedures. • Current Bloodborne Pathogens certification
COST INCLUDES: •2 Day Theory & Hands-on training. •Brow Shading Course Manual •On-going support and invitation to Closed Facebook support group. • Student starter kit with pigments & cartridge needle sample pack
1. Devices - Machines available in the market today - Which are suitable for PMU and why - How to work your device
2. Needles: Understanding needle packaging and needle sizes. When you would use certain needle groups and sizes. What needles are best for each specific shading techniques. - Configurations - Diameters & formations - Packaging - When to use different sizes
3. Brow Shading patterns - Full powder shade - Ombre' - Combination brows. - Different Ombre patterns
4. Shading Techniques: Common techniques used for machine brow shading - Traditional - Pointillism - Nano/Whip
5. Machine Handling: How to handle your machine correctly depending on the technique you are doing. - Angle - Positioning - Speed
6. The skin - Understanding the basic physiology - The difference with aging skin and PMU - Healing and how it affects the colour
7. Correct Depth for pigment - How this affects your outcomes - Best depth for each technique
8. Basic Colour Knowledge - Cool v Warm - How the colour heals in the skin (Microblading v Shading)
9. Pigment Theory: What are the best pigments for machine brow shading and why. - Organics v Inorganics – Pros and Cons - Carbon - Titanium Dioxide - Modifiers - Dilution
Stephanie Wilson, CPCP CTAE
Stephanie began her career in Australia as a beauty therapist (esthetician) and took her first training in permanent makeup in 1999.
After moving to Canada, she spent time working as an instructor at Micropigmentation centre, Canada before joining Kelly Hallam in Halcyon Cosmetic Solutions Ltd. She is a Certified Permanent Cosmetics Professional (CPCP), a certified trainer and is one of only 3 SPCP Trainer members in Canada.
Stephanie is skilled in many techniques for permanent makeup and microblading and continues to work in Halcyon Cosmetics busy clinic offering procedures for eyebrows, eyeliner, lip colour & paramedical tattooing. She has been fortunate to work and train in a variety of locations and is committed to her own education.