Work, train and practice under the guidance of our experienced and certified instructors!
Our PMU & Microblading Practicum program is designed to offer new graduates or existing artists an opportunity to practice and learn under the guidance of our experienced and certified artists and instructors.
Most PMU & Microblading courses in Canada are only 1-3 Days, and many people leave feeling unprepared to begin working in the industry and struggle for the practice opportunity. Our practicum program allows applicants to spend time completing extra procedures and education to gain confidence and knowledge of procedures.
PRACTICUM PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- The use of our Halcyon Cosmetic Clinic rooms & equipment for all procedures.
- 3 fully supervised procedures
- 4 partially supervised procedures
- Complimentary enrolment in our Machines, Needles & More online training
- Lifetime access to our Halcyon Cosmetic Student FB group for ongoing support and questions
- Certificate of training hours upon completion. (Can be used towards your CPCP 100hrs or yearly on-going education hrs).
- This is a flexible program to be completed at students own pace. Procedures will be booked at times that work for both student and instructor.
- All models will be supplied by the student.
- Procedures are not limited to brows. If you have completed fundamentals in lips or eyeliner this practicum program can be tailored to your needs.
- Participants can charge their clients for procedures. (Not arranged by Halcyon Professional and participant must have personal indemnity insurance).
*Pre-requisites include fundamentals in either PMU or Microblading.
6. The skin - Understanding the basic physiology - The difference with aging skin, oily and best techniques for PMU
7. Correct Depth for pigment - How this affects your outcomes - Best depth for each technique
8. Basic Colour Theory - How colour heals in the skin (Microblading v Shading)
9. Pigment Theory: Types of pigments - Organics v Inorganics; differences - Carbon - Titanium Dioxide - Modifiers - Dilution
Kelly Hallam,RTNM CPCP
Kelly has been a lifelong artist and has 21 years’ experience in healthcare as a Registered Technologist in Nuclear Medicine. She alsoholds certification and has over a decade of experience in cosmetic/medical laser technologies, including tattoo removal and fractional laser.
Kelly left the medical field and founded Halcyon in 2014 and is CPCP certified and has become an SPCP distributor member.
She is passionate about natural enhancement in permanent makeup and bringing quality education to Canadian permanent makeup artists. She enjoys sharing information and technical knowledge with other artists.
Stephanie Wilson, CPCP CTAE
Stephanie began her career in Australia as a beauty therapist (esthetician) and took her first training in permanent makeup in 1999.
After moving to Canada, she spent time working as an instructor at Micropigmentation centre, Canada before joining Kelly Hallam in Halcyon Cosmetic Solutions Ltd. She is a Certified Permanent Cosmetics Professional (CPCP), a certified trainer and is one of only 3 SPCP Trainer members in Canada.
Stephanie is skilled in many techniques for permanent makeup and microblading and continues to work in Halcyon Cosmetics busy clinic offering procedures for eyebrows, eyeliner, lip colour & paramedical tattooing. She has been fortunate to work and train in a variety of locations and is committed to her own education.